Dental Implants, A Permanent Solution for Missing Teeth
If you are missing one or more teeth, there are multiple tooth replacement options available. One option you might want to explore is implant restorations. At Dr. Garcia and Associates, we are proud to offer dental implants in Baltimore, Maryland. Learn more about dental implants below.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are created to replace one or more missing teeth with artificial teeth. A dental implant will look and function like a natural tooth, providing a suitable alternative to dental bridges and dentures. Dental implants are designed to replace missing teeth permanently, and as long as they are taken care of, they can last for decades.
What Is the Procedure Like?
During the procedure, there are several steps. They include:
- First, an oral surgeon will make an incision in the gum to expose the bone.
- Then, the post will be implanted into the jawbone.
- It will take a few weeks for the jaw to accept the post.
- Once the post has been integrated thoroughly into the jaw, the abutment and crown are attached to the post to complete the process.
Before the procedure, the dentist will work with you to ensure your jaw is healthy enough to support a dental implant.
What Are the Main Benefits?
There are several significant advantages of having dental implants. They include:
- A dental implant will look like a natural tooth, giving you a complete smile once again.
- You can eat a regular diet with a dental implant.
- A dental implant is supposed to replace a missing tooth permanently.
- All you have to do to take care of a dental implant is to brush and floss it like any other tooth.
If you are curious whether dental implants are right for you, it would be our pleasure to assist you.
Trust Dr. Garcia and Associates for Dental Implants in Baltimore, Maryland
Whether you are looking for a single implant or a full-mouth dental implant, Dr. Nicholas Garcia would be happy to help you. Contact us today to make an appointment at (410) 837-0304.
Dental implants are titanium roots, that are replaced with in the jawbone to resemble a tooth or group of teeth. A screw is inserted through the gums and into the jawbone. A porcelain crown is then attached to the screw to become the new tooth or teeth. They can be used to support dental prosthesis including crowns, dentures, and bridges. Today’s treatments are so natural looking, no one will know you had surgery. There’s approximately a 95% success rate for all implants. With modern advances in dentistry, some implants can be restored immediately with life like all porcelain crowns. For more details ask your dentist.